Engage London includes more than 20 people on the #hearmespeak team. A lucky eight are going to Brussels for a summer school. Below are the final workshop choices and our code of conduct.
We all picked workshops in advance and are looking forward to learning all sorts. Here are the workshop choices (three not four):
1 Brussels CODE OF CONDUCT created by Rahim, Favour and Naomi (but for everyone!)
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Professional behaviour – this is a workshop so think of it as work. It’s not a holiday. Be respectful in the workshops & be sure to get up in enough time to arrive at the workshops on time. If you are late for the start it interrupts everyone else. Don’t be that late person.
- Professional behaviour for 24 hours a day, not just in the workshops. So in the hostel keep quiet at night so people can sleep.
- You are ambassadors for Engage London.
- #HearMeSpeak also means #ListenToOtherPeople
- Any problems just speak to someone, especially Nicola and Savvas. The co-ordinators at IHECS are Laura and Esther.
2 TIPS to keep you safe and on time
- Take the hostel address card when we check in. It’s easy to forget the address and location of a hotel!
- Take a map of where the hostel is and keep it on you. If you get lost use this map to get ‘home’. Ideally stay with others from Engage Europe. But if you need to pop out on your own, tell someone.
- You’re in a different country so there are different customs for food, language, swearing, smoking and drink. Pay attention to these differences.
- Use caution with alcohol (Belgian beer is strong!)
- Make friends with the Engage Europe teams from Germany, Romania, Belgium and Spain. Hopefully you’ll see them again in London (Oct) – or even Barcelona (Nov) or Brussels (Dec).
3 BRUSSELS WORKSHOPS CHALLENGE for Engage London
>Every day take a photo that tells a story and share on our WhatsApp.
We’ll use the best for a photo show back in London with the others. Please do not clog up the Engage London WhatsApp with selfies – we want photos that show what you are up to, not just your face!